Jan 20, 2009

Wyoming...here comes Mark!

Mark has been offered a job for Halliburton in Rock Springs, Wy. He starts training on the 9th of Feb. He will be gone for training for 5 weeks and then he will work 2 weeks straight and come home for a week. So he will work 2 weeks on and 1 week off. This has been an answer to our prayers. There is just no work out there and he has been trying so hard to find some. The company offers benefits and the pay is good, so we are excited. Not excited for him to be gone so much, but excited for the job. This could open doors after he finishes his degree next year. I have been emotional about the whole thing, but we are told, Heavenly Father does not give us more then we can handle, and I pray I can do what I need to do while Mark is gone. Bishop Peterson called us in on Sunday and told us that as a ward family they are all here to help me and support me as Mark does what he needs to, to support us. I appreciate all the help that has been extended and appreciate Mark's willingness to work so hard to make a good life for us! It is sure a small world, Mark's good friend from high school works in Rock Springs a few days a week to and then goes home to his family too, so they are sharing an apartment, and that is where my brother in law Andy grew up and my mom did too. I have grandparents there, an aunt and uncle too, so family is near for Mark! This is a blessing and we are grateful for it!


2 comments:

Janetlee said...

I'm not real bright. Halliburton? What is that? How long will he work there?

Hi! I'm Jeni (Jen, Jennifer, or Mom) said...

Wow. Tough times for you. Good luck. And I'm glad your prayers were answered.